Each day, hundreds of citizens visit the court to file papers, go to court proceedings, attend workshops, or find out about their court cases. The Contra Costa Superior Court is looking for volunteers to help people find what they need when they get to court. Court volunteers provide basic directions, answer simple questions, and tell people about places they can find the legal or other information they need.
There are volunteer openings in Martinez, Richmond, and Pittsburg for:
- Greeters These volunteers are stationed in court lobbies to help people find court departments, to answer common questions, and to provide information about where court visitors can find other information they need.
Do I qualify?Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Complete an application and initial screening.
- Commit to providing friendly and courteous services to court visitors.
- Be willing to work at least 2 shifts per week for 6 months.
* Volunteering for the Court does not qualify as Community Service
The Superior Court of California, County of Contra Costa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all persons regardless of their race, ethnic background, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability. The Court provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request.