Collections - General Frequently Asked Questions

How can I pay?

At Court:  Cash Only

At AllianceOne:  By credit card, check or money order. If paying by credit card, please be aware that there is a fee for this service. If paying by check or money order, please make payable to “AllianceOne” and write your docket number and name clearly on the payment.

To Pay In Person:

Payments can be made at any Contra Costa County Superior Court at the criminal division window Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 3:00pm (except holidays). You will be provided a receipt for your payment.  Your payment will be forwarded to CCU and posted to your account within 3 - 5 days.

  • Martinez:          725 Court Street, 4th Floor

Drop Box:

Payments may be dropped off at any Contra Costa County Superior Court. Your payment will be forwarded to AllianceOne.  A receipt will not be mailed to you.

  • The Martinez drop box is available from 8:00am to 5:00pm inside the building at 725 Court Street, at the entrance of Room 127.

  • Drop boxes in Richmond, Pittsburg and Walnut Creek courts are outside the buildings.

By Mail:

Mail Payments to:

P.O. Box 2449
Gig Harbor, WA  98335

Credit Card:

To pay by credit card, please call AllianceOne at (877) 541-8420. Be sure to have your account number when calling. There is a fee for this service. 

How do I contact the Court Collections Unit to change my mailing address, or discuss a payment problem?

To contact us:

    • Call AllianceOne at (877) 541-8420.
    • Call the Court Collections Unit at (925) 957-5611 between the hours of
        8:00am-3:00pm Monday- Friday (except holidays)
    • E-mail the Court Collections Unit at
    • Mail correspondence to the Court Collections Unit, P.O. Box 1509, Martinez, CA 94553.

Why was my traffic citation fine increased?

If you fail to clear a citation by the due date you will be subject to increased bail,and/or a civil assessment fee up to $300.

What is AllianceOne?

AllianceOne is an outside agency and assists the court with the collection of traffic citations and criminal court ordered fines and fees. If you have received a notice from them, you must call (877) 541-8420.

Will I have to pay fines, fees, Victim Restitution if I file Bankruptcy?

Any fines, and fees imposed by the court are still in force as outlined in Title 11 of the USCS §523, “Exceptions to discharge” (a) (6), (7), (9), and (13).  These codes state in part, “… to the extent debt is for a fine, penalty, forfeiture payable to and for the benefit of a governmental unit, and is not compensation for actual pecuniary (commercial) loss, other than a tax penalty.  A victim restitution order is not dischargeable in bankruptcy as outlined in U.S. Supreme Court KELLY v. ROBINSON, 479 U.S. 36 (1986).

I am unemployed. How can I pay?

Contact AllianceOne at (877) 541-8420.

What happens if my check bounced?

A $50 returned check fee will be assessed to the case and payment must be resubmitted.

I went to prison. Do I still owe the fine?

If the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation did not collect, then yes, you still owe the fine. Contact AllianceOne at (877) 541-8420.