You will need a copy of the English-language Judicial Council form DV-710 to follow these instructions. Also:

Filling out the Caption on your form

Leave Blank. The clerk will stamp this area when the form is filed.
SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA, COUNTY OF – write the name of the County where you are filing your case. Click here for location of courts.
Case Number: Write in the case number.

Filling out the rest of your form

Notice of Hearing to Renew Restraining Order


Write the name of the person who is asking the court for protection. This person is called the “Protected Person.” If he or she does not have an attorney, write the P.O. box or mailing address where court papers can be delivered to the Protected Person.

IMPORTANT! If you do not want others to know where you live, be sure to use a different address where you will just get mail.


Write the name of the person that you want the court to restrain (stop from doing something). This person is called the “Restrained Person.” Check the box next to M if the Restrained Person is a man (male), or Check the box next to F if this person is a woman (female). Write how tall the person is on the line next to “Ht.”. Write how much the person weighs on the line next to “Wt.” Write the Restrained Person’s race, and write the color of his or her hair and eyes, age, and the date he or she was born on the next lines.


Leave this item blank. The court clerk will fill in the assigned court date, time, and place in this box.

4.    Time For Service:

Leave this section blank. The court clerk will fill out this information.

NOTE: There is important information about service for the Protected Person (To Person Asking For Order) and for the Restrained Person (“To Person Served With Order”). Be sure to read this information.

For more information about “service” and “proof of service,” you can
read the sheet DV-210-INFO.

For more help for the Restrained Person, you can read the sheet

Leave this next section blank. This is where the judge signs to show that these are now orders of the court.

You must attach the Request to Renew Restraining Order (Form DV-700) and a copy of your current Restraining Order (Form DV-130) to this form and give it to the court clerk to get the judge to sign this form. After the judge signs this form, file it with the court, and then serve all the forms on the Restrained Person.