The Most Common Financial Forms Used during a Divorce Case

en español>

When people divorce they have to tell each other and the court everything that they own (assets) and owe (liabilities). In general, these assets and liabilities are divided into community and separate property. 

  • If you need more information on what these two terms mean, click here.
  • If the spouses or partners own property (or have a debt) with a third party, they must list the percentage of each person's ownership or liability.

Choose the form you need below. You can either download and print the file, or fill it out on your computer, then print it out.

NOTE: You may not need all of these forms. Or you may need more forms. If you're not sure which forms to use, talk to your Family Law Facilitator or a lawyer. 

For help finding a lawyer, click here

For help finding local court forms you may need, go to your county's court website: click here

To view a PowerPoint presentation called "Financial Disclosures in a Divorce, Legal Separation or Annulment," click here.

The four most common forms people use to disclose (tell) what they own and what they owe: 

This form is a cover sheet that lists what is included with the Preliminary Disclosure.
(For the "Declaration Regarding Service" of this form, see below.)

This is a list of assets and liabilities and the percentage of ownership of property
or responsibility for debts.

NOTE: The more assets you have, the more complicated sorting this out will be. But you can ask for help. Consulting an attorney, if possible, may be a good idea as there may be "community assets" that you haven't thought about, like pension plans. Fortunately, you can wait until the final Declaration of Disclosure to give the other information asked for on the Schedule of Assets and Debts (date the asset or liability was gotten, current gross fair market value, and the amount of money owed or encumbrance).

  • Income and Expense Declaration (Form FL-150)
    See the instructions  for this form.
  • Financial Statement Simplified (Form FL-155)
    See the instructions for this form. 
  • To help you decide if form FL-150 or form FL-155 is right for you, read an information sheet called "Which Financial Form - FL-150 or FL-155?" (DV-570) in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean or Vietnamese. Click on the language you need:
  • Declaration of Property (Form FL-160)
    See the instructions for this form.

If a "Declaration of Property" (form FL-160) was attached to the original Petition, and there still is no written agreement with between you and your spouse or partner about how to divide your property, then you must each fill out and attach another copy of the form FL-160. All of the columns are to be filled in to show how much each spouse's or partner's assets are worth and how each of you thinks they should be divided. The court may ask each of you to explain your opinion.


  • You must use one copy of the form for community property and debts, and use another copy of the form for separate property and debts.
  • California law says that in most cases the community property must be divided equally. So, the total community property value, minus the community debts, needs to be about equal for each spouse or partner. Otherwise, the judge may not approve the proposed division.

After you have served these disclosure documents, you will need to complete, file and serve this form:

  • Declaration Regarding Service of the Declaration of Disclosure
    (Form FL-141)
    See the instructions for this form.

To finish your divorce, you may need these forms:

  • Stipulation and Waiver of Final Declaration of Disclosure
    (Form FL-144
  • Property Order Attachment to Findings and Order After Hearing
    (Form FL-344
  • Property Order Attachment to Judgment (Form FL-345)
  • For information about how to use fillable forms, click here
  • To download free Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here.
  • To view short videos called "Paperwork Basics" (forms) and "Service of Process", click here
  • For more information about the forms on our site, click here

Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.