Your Final Judgment Papers

en español>

When the judge signs your Judgment form (Form FL-180), the court clerk will mail a copy of a Notice of Entry of Judgment (Form FL-190) to you and your former spouse or domestic partner. 

Then the clerk will mail copies of all of the forms submitted back to whichever person filed them. These could include:

  • Judgment (Form FL-180)
  • Income and Expense Declaration (Form FL-150)
  • Property Declaration (Form FL-160)
  • Child Custody and Visitation Order (Form FL-341) If visitation is to be supervised, you will also need a Supervised Visitation Order (Form FL-341(A))
  • Child Support Information and Order Attachment (Form FL-342)
  • Spousal, Partner, or Family Support Order (Form FL-343)
NOTE:  It may be that not all of these forms were needed for your particular case. Or, there may be more forms. The set returned will just include the forms that were submitted to the court for this case.


The person who receives all of the copies of these forms needs to serve one copy to his or her former spouse or partner.

  • Remember: You cannot serve your own papers. 
    You have to ask someone who is 18 years old or older to serve the papers for you.
  • These papers can be served by mail or by personal service.

A Proof of Service form needs to be filed with the court for the court process to be over.

It is important to save your copy of the Judgment (Form FL-180) in a safe place.
Then, if you ever need to show how and when your former marriage or registered domestic partnership was ended you can do it easily.

To view short videos called "Paperwork Basics" (forms) and "Service of Process",
click here. Opens new window



Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.