Forms to Start a Divorce Case

en español>

Choose the form you need below. You can either download and print the form, or fill it out on your computer, then print it out.  These forms will open in a new window.  When you have printed out each form, please close that window and continue on this site.

NOTE: You may not need all of these forms. Or you may need more forms. If you're not sure which forms to use, talk to your Family Law Facilitator  or a lawyer. 

For help in getting low-cost legal aid, click here.

For help finding local court forms you may need, go to your county's court website

Forms to start the court case for a divorce or to dissolve your registered domestic partnership: 

  • Petition - Marriage/Domestic Partnership (Form FL-100)
  • Summons (Form FL-110
  • Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and
    Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)
    (Form FL-105/GC-120)
    See the instructions for this form.
  • Notice and Acknowledgment of Receipt (Form FL-117)
  • Response - Marriage/Domestic Partnership (Form FL-120)
  • Proof of Service of Summons (Form FL-115

Proof of Service of Documents Other Than Summons:

  • Proof of Personal Service (Form FL-330
  • Proof of Service by Mail (Form FL-335


  • For information about how to use fillable forms, click here
  • To download free Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here.
  • To view short videos called "Paperwork Basics" (forms) and "Service of Process", click here
  • For more information about the forms on our site, click here


Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.