Contra Costa Superior Court endeavors to offer as many of its services in alternate local languages as possible, including providing multilingual interpretation and general language services in court proceedings to ensure meaningful participation in the judicial court process for individuals with limited English proficiency. In doing so, the Court promotes equal access to justice and guarantees court procedures are fair and understandable for court users from diverse cultural backgrounds.
The Court provides bilingual staff at some clerk offices and windows. When bilingual staff is not available, the Court provides telephonic interpreter assistance using the services of an outside language provider.
The Court assigns qualified court interpreters in court proceedings at no cost in the following areas: criminal, juvenile delinquency, juvenile dependency, probate, mental health, family law, civil harassment, unlawful detainer (eviction), traffic, small claims, and other limited civil cases.
If you need the services of an interpreter, including American Sign Language services, you may request one from the courtroom staff at the time of your hearing.
Click here for more information on Court Interpreters
Further Language Assistance
- Probate Facilitator: For Spanish language help, contact Nicolás C. Vaca at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Small Claims Advisor: For Spanish language help, contact Nicolás C. Vaca at email@example.com
- Family Law Facilitators: Spanish is spoken
- Custody Counseling, Family Law: Spanish-speaking counselors and clerks are available
- Family Law Courtrooms: Bilingual Facilitators are available