- Domestic Violence and Emergency Orders (Ex Parte) in Family Law Case: Parties can receive assistance on matters related to Domestic Violence Restraining Orders at the Spinetta Family Law Center in Martinez and at the Pittsburg and Richmond Courthouses between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm.
- The Small Claims Advisor holds "Introduction to Small Claims" workshops in Martinez, Pittsburg and Richmond. The Advisor will also respond to e-mailed questions within 1 – 2 weeks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Probate Facilitator is available to assist self-represented parties in guardianship of the person cases. This Facilitator holds guardianship workshops in Martinez, Pittsburg and Richmond. To reach the Probate Facilitator: e-mail: email@example.com or telephone (925) 608-2066
- The Court also partners with other government and non-profit agencies to provide workshop assistance to self-represented parties in the following case types: unlawful detainer (eviction), domestic violence and conservatorships. Click Here for Information on Workshops
The Family Law Facilitator’s offices offer assistance with the completion of legal forms and provides procedural guidance in most areas of Family Law, including: child support, spousal support, child custody, visitation, dissolution, legal separation, nullity, and establishment of paternity.
Scope of Facilitator Services
The Family Law Facilitators are attorneys employed by the Court to help parties that do not have attorneys with some procedural matters (see chart below)
|The Family Law Facilitators CAN||The Family Law Facilitators CANNOT*|
|Help file papers to modify child support, set payment on arrears and release your license if you have a case with the Department of Child Support Services||Help with ADOPTIONS, GUARDIANSHIPS, TERMINATION OF PARENTAL RIGHTS, GRANDPARENT OR STEPPARENT VISITATION OR JUVENILE court cases|
|Provide referrals to lawyer referral services, legal aid and the Department of Child Support Services||Help you prepare for SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE, CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE or TRIAL|
|Help file papers to get child care costs, health insurance and uninsured medical costs in your Department of Child Support Services case||Help with NAME CHANGE, CIVIL or CRIMINAL cases (including bankruptcy and foreclosure issues)|
|Refer you to a workshop where you can get help with finishing your divorce or legal separation case||Help with DISCOVERY, SUBPOENAS, DEPOSITIONS, WRITS OF EXECUTION, LEVIES, LIENS, CONTEMPT or provide TAX ADVICE|
|Refer you to a workshop where you can get help with your paternity case||Help you file an APPEAL, MOTION FOR RECONSIDERATION, MOTION FOR NEW TRIAL, MOTION TO VACATE JUDGMENT|
|Refer you to a workshop if you need help filing papers for spousal support||Help with PENSION, COMPLEX PROPERTY or COMPLEX SUPPORT issues|
* Please note there may be additional issues the Facilitators cannot assist with that are not listed above.
After completing the online "Start Your Divorce" workshop, parties can print out a ticket for an appointment to have a Facilitator review their completed forms.
Finish your Divorce
To finish your divorce, complete the forms here. Submit your completed forms at the filing window.
Drop-In Hours and Locations
|Spinetta Family Law Center||Please click here to see the flyer|
|Martinez Department of Child Support Services||50 Douglas Drive
Monday through Friday
8am - 3pm (open DCSS cases only)
Confirm that the office is open by calling: (925) 957-7355 or check online at: https://facebook.com/CCCDCSS
|Pittsburg Superior Court, Richard E. Arnason Justice Center||Monday, 8am - 12pm (noon)
Thursday, 8am - 12pm (noon)
*DCSS cases by appointment only on Wednesday afternoons. These appointments can be requested during Facilitator drop-in hours at any location.
|Richmond Superior Court, George D. Carroll Courthouse||Tuesday and Friday, 8am - 3:30pm
(Closed for lunch from 12pm - 1pm)