IMPORTANT NOTICE: Dissolution (Divorce) Judgment Deadlines
Superior Court of California, County of Contra Costa has established the following deadlines in response to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 1, which eliminates the federal tax deductibility of spousal support for all judgments entered after 12/31/2018:
October 15, 2018: Deadline to submit Fam. Code §2336 dissolution judgments for guaranteed processing by 12/31/2018
(Note: Meeting this deadline does not guarantee the proposed §2336 judgment will be signed by the judge and filed if there are errors in the submitted judgment.)
November 30, 2018: Deadline to submit judgments signed by a private judge for guaranteed processing by 12/31/2018.
1 Consider consulting an attorney or a tax professional to determine what impact the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 may have on spousal support in your case.
Starting Monday, July 9, 2018:
- In order to distribute its limited staff more efficiently and to eliminate confusion as to where documents should be filed, the Contra Costa County Superior Court is consolidating family law matters in Martinez.
- Effective Monday, July 9th family law matters will no longer be heard in Pittsburg. This means that all filings, including Domestic Violence and Ex Parte applications, that were previously accepted in Pittsburg will only be accepted in the Spinetta Family Law Center at 751 Pine Street in Martinez. Hon. Brian Haynes, Department 11, and Hon. John Cope, Department 22, have been assigned new courtrooms on the second floor of the Wakefield Taylor Building.
- Individual Drop Boxes for the family law judges, including Judge Haynes and Judge Cope, are located on the second floor of the Spinetta Family Law Building. The only Family Law “Late Drop” Box is on the first floor of the Spinetta building. Department numbers for Judge Haynes and Judge Cope will remain the same.
- Family Law Facilitator drop-in hours in Pittsburg will be expanded. The new drop-in hours are Mondays and Thursdays from 8:00 am to 3:30 p.m. (closed for lunch 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm).
Online Services for Family Law
- Family Law Facilitator
- Family Court Services, Mediation
- Collaborative Practive, Pro Bono Family Law Clinic
Court Process and Information
- Divorce / Legal Separation / Annulment
- Unmarried Parents (Uniform Parentage Act Case)
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Restraining Orders
- Step to Place a Restraining Order
- Request for Minor to Marry
- Juvenile Law
- Probate Guardianship