Starting Monday, July 9, 2018:
- In order to distribute its limited staff more efficiently and to eliminate confusion as to where documents should be filed, the Contra Costa County Superior Court is consolidating family law matters in Martinez.
- Effective Monday, July 9th family law matters will no longer be heard in Pittsburg. This means that all filings, including Domestic Violence and Ex Parte applications, that were previously accepted in Pittsburg will only be accepted in the Spinetta Family Law Center at 751 Pine Street in Martinez. Hon. Brian Haynes, Department 11, and Hon. John Cope, Department 22, have been assigned new courtrooms on the second floor of the Wakefield Taylor Building.
- Individual Drop Boxes for the family law judges, including Judge Haynes and Judge Cope, are located on the second floor of the Spinetta Family Law Building. The only Family Law “Late Drop” Box is on the first floor of the Spinetta building. Department numbers for Judge Haynes and Judge Cope will remain the same.
- Family Law Facilitator drop-in hours in Pittsburg will be expanded. The new drop-in hours are Mondays and Thursdays from 8:00 am to 3:30 p.m. (closed for lunch 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm).
Online Services for Family Law
- Family Law Facilitator
- Family Court Services, Mediation
- Collaborative Practive, Pro Bono Family Law Clinic
Court Process and Information
- Divorce / Legal Separation / Annulment
- Unmarried Parents (Uniform Parentage Act Case)
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Restraining Orders
- Step to Place a Restraining Order
- Request for Minor to Marry
- Juvenile Law
- Probate Guardianship
Double Pro Per Days
Effective Tuesday, January 22, 2019:
- Departments 27 & 32 on TUESDAYS
- Department 11 on WEDNESDAYS
- Departments 18 & 19 on THURSDAYS
- Department 25 on FRIDAYS
For more information about Double Pro Per Days, please consult Local Rule 5.4(1).